Certification and Licensure Examination Fee Reimbursement
You can receive reimbursement for an unlimited number of certification or licensure exam fees up to a maximum of $350 per exam. Interested applicants must speak to a Partnership advisor for information and an application form. Call (518) 486-7814 (Option 1) or (800) 253-4332 (Option 1) or email an advisor at [email protected]. This program does not replace existing agency exam reimbursement programs.
To be eligible for reimbursement, a certification, or licensure, the exam must be:
- Job or career-related.
- Lead to certification or licensure for an occupation that currently exists in New York State service.
- Must be administered by an accredited organization.
Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Boiler Inspector
- Certified Public Accountant
- Commercial Pesticide Applicator/Technician
- Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor
- Dental Hygienist
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Registered Nurse
- Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
Exams for certification in specific software or hardware programs by Microsoft, Novell, Oracle, and others may also be covered.
Costs and fees not reimbursed by this program include, but are not limited to:
- Civil Service examination fees.
- Fees for examinations leading to certification in a career that does not exist in New York State service.
- Fees for examinations leading to college credit for life experience.
- Academic and application fees.
- Study materials (i.e., books, CDs, DVDs, etc.) and supplies.
- License and certification renewals.
- Examination fees that are reimbursable by the employee's agency.
Please Note: The IRS considers reimbursements under the Certification and Licensure Examination Fee Reimbursement Program taxable income; applicable income tax will be withheld from December paychecks.
Please contact a Partnership Advisor at [email protected] for more information on tax withholdings.