About The NYS & CSEA Partnership for Education and Training
Who We Are
The NYS & CSEA Partnership for Education and Training is a joint labor-management organization that provides education and training services to NYS agencies and CSEA-represented employees. The Partnership is funded through the collective bargaining agreements between the State of New York and the Civil Service Employees Association (CSEA).
A four-member Board of Directors, made up of representatives from the NYS Office of Employee Relations and CSEA, provides policy guidance to the Partnership. Co-Directors Jeannine Morell and Karen Chase-Corcoran oversee the Partnership's programs and services.
The Partnership's programs and services meet a range of employee and workforce needs:
- Individual CSEA-represented employees enroll in job skills and professional development courses offered at training sites across the state and can also access an extensive online learning program.
- Thousands of employees use tuition benefits and advisement services to pursue their educational and career goals.
- Labor-management committees work with Partnership staff to learn how to strengthen their structure and relationships to address issues of mutual concern more effectively.
- A wide range of other programs and services are also available to employees and agency labor and management representatives.
Through labor-management cooperation, the NYS & CSEA Partnership for Education and Training provides programs and services for New York State employees and agencies that promote:
- Increased career mobility, workplace safety and health, and job satisfaction.
- A highly skilled, motivated, and productive workforce committed to excellence in public service.
- Effective labor-management relationships between State and CSEA representatives.