Targeted Tuition Program
Enhance Your Job Skills and Prepare for Future State Workforce Needs
New York State agencies and CSEA locals can utilize the Partnership's Targeted Tuition Program to meet the training needs of a particular position or title. The purpose of the program is to support agency workforce development and succession planning needs.
The Partnership's Tuition Benefits Program includes a network of over 150 educational institutions. Targeted Tuition Benefits are issued to employees identified by labor and management representatives and can be used when educational institutions offer coursework or training programs that satisfy:
- Certification and/or licensing requirements.
- Educational requirements to take a New York State civil service exam.
- Educational requirements to complete a traineeship.
- Other specific job skills training.
Examples of situations where targeted tuition benefits
could be used
- Earning the six credits of accounting needed to take the Accountant/Auditor Aide Trainee exam.
- Accelerating the pace of taking courses required to obtain an LPN or RN license.
- Completing the six paralegal studies courses required as a Legal Assistant Trainee.
- Finishing courses needed to earn the Credential for Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor can result in promotion to Addictions Counselor I.