Targeted Tuition Program
Prepare for Future State Workforce Needs
Finding people with the education and skills you need to fill specific positions in NYS service can be challenging. That’s why we encourage labor and management representatives to work together to apply for the Partnership’s Targeted Tuition Program.
By working together, agencies can expand their pool of qualified applicants for hard-to-fill positions. At the same time, CSEA-represented NYS employees can save money on tuition while preparing to advance their career in state service. Designed to support agency workforce development and succession planning needs, the program is a win-win for both agencies and employees.
Achieve Your Workforce Goals
With a network of over 150 educational providers, we’re sure you’ll find an entity offering the coursework or training programs your employees need. We can help you build a skilled workforce by issuing targeted tuition benefits to eligible employees participating in programs that meet any of the following:
- Certification and/or licensure requirements.
- Educational requirements to take a NYS civil service exam.
- Educational requirements to complete a traineeship.
- Other specific job skills
Examples of situations where targeted tuition benefits have been used include earning the six
credits of accounting needed to take the Accountant/Auditor Aide Trainee exam; completing the
six paralegal studies courses required as a Legal Assistant Trainee; or taking courses needed to
earn the Credential for Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor, which can result in promotion to
Addictions Counselor I.
Ready to get started?
- Complete and submit the application form. Be sure to include signatures from the CSEA local president and state management representative. This may be the human resources director, personnel director, facility director, or equivalent for state management.
- Wait for a decision. Specific criteria will be under review including the documentation of need, number of CSEA-represented NYS employees to benefit from the proposal, level of labor and management commitment, and the availability of funding.
- Get started. Following co-director approval, a program associate will contact you. Together, you’ll begin to design and launch the program. Please allow a minimum of four weeks from the date of the application to the proposed date of implementation.
We’re Here to Help
If you have any questions or need more information, please contact us. Call (800) 253-4332 (Option 1) or email [email protected] to connect with our educational advisement team.
Targeted Tuition Program Guidelines and Application Form
Download the program guidelines and application for more information and to apply today.
NYS agencies and CSEA locals are encouraged to download the program guidelines and application form for more information and to apply today.