Tuition Benefits Program
Save Money on Tuition and Exam Fees
The Tuition Benefits Program provides educational benefits to CSEA-represented NYS employees, enabling them to achieve greater career mobility, qualify for promotional opportunities, improve job skills, and prepare for future state workforce needs through the following:
- Tuition Vouchers - Use vouchers to help pay for tuition at over 150 participating providers.
- Tuition Reimbursement - Get reimbursed for tuition pre-paid to an approved provider following course completion.
- Credit-by-Exam Fee Reimbursement - Get reimbursed for an unlimited number of eligible exams up to a maximum of $350 per exam
- Certification and Licensure Exam Fee Reimbursement - Get reimbursed for an unlimited number of eligible exams up to a maximum of $350 per exam.
- Adult Education Basics - Get tuition assistance for English for Speakers of Other Languages, high school equivalency, preparatory, or remedial courses.
- 2023-2024 Tuition Benefits Application Form - Download the Tuition Benefits application form (PDF).
Partnership advisors are here to help eligible CSEA-represented NYS employees get the most out of their tuition benefits. However, please know that the final responsibility for using these benefits within the guidelines set by the Partnership rests with the employee.
The Tuition Benefits Program provides educational benefits to CSEA-represented NYS employees.
Statewide Targeted Tuition Programs
You may be eligible for targeted tuition benefits if you are interested in pursuing an in-demand position within NYS service. These include Commercial Driver's License (CDL), Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC), Information Technology, Nursing, and Welding. Find out if you are eligible for the statewide targeted tuition benefits.
Targeted Tuition Program for Agencies
Targeted Tuition for Agencies
This program supports agency and facility workforce development and succession planning needs and can be used to meet the training needs of a particular position or title. Targeted Tuition Program benefits are issued to employees in positions or titles identified by labor and management representatives.