Focus on Pronunciation: Level 1
Length: 6 Days
Course Category: Language Skills
Pronunciation can be difficult, even for native American English speakers. This course will help you expand your pronunciation and verbal communication skills, regardless of your first language. You'll practice speaking clearly and accurately in everyday situations, as well as develop a plan to continue working toward your pronunciation goals. By the end of the class, participants will be able to:
- Identify parts of the mouth and how to use them to make sounds.
- Recognize consonant and vowel sounds.
- Listen for differences when pronouncing words.
- Recognize American English conversational rhythm and tone.
- Develop a plan to address your personal pronunciation goals.
Workforce Development Competency:
Verbal and Written Communication