Energy Conservation: Alternative Technologies and Sustainability
- Partnership Course Catalog
- Energy Conservation: Alternative Technologies and Sustainability
As New York State continues to develop its sustainability practices, its facilities are increasing their use of alternative technologies. This course will provide an introduction to these technologies, an explanation of how they work, how they are being used across the state, their advantages and drawbacks, and their basic maintenance needs. By the end of the class, participants will be able to:
- Define energy conservation.
- Examine alternative technologies such as wind energy, solar energy, and ground source heat pumps.
- Discover the advantages and drawbacks of alternative technologies.