Effective Reading Skills 1 (Online)
- Partnership Course Catalog
- Effective Reading Skills 1 (Online)
This six-week course will help participants read and understand written materials. Participants will explore techniques such as skimming, scanning, learning the roots of words, and asking meaningful questions to better understand chosen passages. Attendance is required all days. By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify main ideas and supporting details.
- Ask meaningful questions to better understand the text.
- Relate text to personal experiences and events.
- Identify the purpose of a text.
- Use context to determine what will happen next.