- Partnership Course Catalog
- Carpentry Intermediate
This course is an introduction to the theory and practice of carpentry with a focus on residential light commercial framing, including the safe use of hand and power tools, identification of framing materials, and demonstrating framing techniques. The overall goal is to have participants prepare for a basic level carpentry career in residential and light commercial framing. By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify framing materials.
- Demonstrate the proper and safe use of carpentry hand and power tools.
- Perform construction math.
- Select and use the proper personal protective equipment.
- Layout and frame a structure.
- Construct an open stringer and stairs.