Back Injury Prevention
- Partnership Course Catalog
- Back Injury Prevention
Length: 1 Day
Course Category: Safety and Health
This course will discuss medical terminology, the impact of back injuries, and prevention across different work environments. Though the patient care setting will be discussed, Safe Patient Handling is not a main focus of this training. By the end of the class, participants will be able to:
- Identify job titles and tasks most at risk.
- Recognize common causes of back injuries.
- Assess risk factors at their workplace.
- Identify potential preventative measures.
- Develop a worksite prevention plan.
Workforce Development Competency: Trades, Safety, and Risk Management