- Partnership Course Catalog
- Asbestos Awareness
The number of employees who face significant exposure to asbestos on the job exceeds 1.3 million. The largest exposure limits occur in the construction industry. This is due in large part from the removal of asbestos during renovation or demolition of older structures. This course provides information on what asbestos is, where it may be found, the health effects on the human body, and how to protect oneself from exposure. By the end of the class, participants will be able to:
- Learn what asbestos is.
- Identify products and materials that may contain asbestos.
- Understand the health effects of exposure to asbestos.
- Identify the Federal OSHA and New York State PESH regulations that cover asbestos.
- Demonstrate methods to work safely around asbestos.