Air Conditioning and Refrigeration: EPA Section 608 Certification
- Partnership Course Catalog
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration: EPA Section 608 Certification
Length: 2 Days
Course Category: Trades, Operations, and Maintenance
This course helps prepare technicians for the EPA 608 Universal Technician certification exam on handling coolants. Participants will become familiar with the basic refrigeration principles such as recovering, reclaiming, and recycling; leak detection and repair; and safety issues. At the conclusion of the course, participants will take a practice test, as well as the actual certification exam. Participants will be expected to have a working knowledge of basic and advanced air conditioning and refrigeration principles. By the end of the class, participants will be able to:
- Gain knowledge about the major components of a refrigeration system.
- Discover best practices for handling coolants.
- Identify safety hazards and precautions for working with coolants.
Workforce Development Competency: Trades, Safety, and Risk Management