Find the Best Career Fit
The Career Development Process can help you prepare for the best employment match and set you on a productive career path. This process is a wise investment of your time and energy and involves four basic steps:
- Engaging in self-assessment and self-discovery.
- Exploring education, training, and career options.
- Decision-making and planning.
- Taking action towards your goals.
Learn more about the Career Development Process and how it can help you reach your educational and career goals.
Step One: Self-Assessment and Discovery
Discover your sharpest skills and strongest interests. Use these resources to determine what you value in the workplace.
Step Two: Career Exploration
Identify education and employment possibilities. Learn more about the job market. Research career fields and employment trends. Find out more about NYS positions available to you.
For Careers, Education, and Training Resources Visit
For Training and Certification Options Visit
For New York State Employment Resources Visit
For Current Employment Trends Visit
Step Three: Decision Making and Planning
Use these resources to review options, compare opportunities, make sound decisions, and map out your future career plan.
Step Four: Taking Action/Job Search Tools
Revitalize your resume. Use these resources to:
- Enroll in and take required examinations.
- Prepare for interviews.
- Develop your career network.
- Step into the job market.
- Learn details about each section of the resume and what to include.