Level Up Your Writing Certificate Program
Registration has ended for this program due to maximum enrollment.
To participate you will need a computer and an Internet connection. The Level Up Your Writing Certificate Program is a six-week blended learning opportunity. This program is designed for employees who want to increase their knowledge of business writing in an accelerated format and receive a certificate. Space is very limited for this program. Participants will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
By completing the Level Up Your Writing Certificate Program, you will:
- Learn to avoid the most common grammar and punctuation mistakes.
- Identify methods to successfully plan and organize your writing.
- Enhance your writing by using clear, concise language.
How To Register
To participate, you must first apply for a Partnership Online Learning License (in SLMS) and then register for the Partnership Level Up Your Writing Certificate program.
All CSEA-represented NYS employees are eligible to participate. Supervisory approval is required to participate in the Level Up Your Writing Certificate Program. The online courses and other activities may be taken any time you wish during the week. However, the required live webinars are offered on Wednesdays at 10 a.m. If you cannot attend one of the live webinars, you will be permitted to view a recording.
Employees can register for the Level Up Your Writing Certificate Program between May 12, 2023, and June 12, 2023. The required activities will be available from June 19, 2023, to July 30, 2023. No registrations will be accepted after the program begins. All required activities must be completed by July 30, 2023.
Employees are required to complete a specific set of activities each week.
You will need to set aside three hours per week to complete activities.
- Participate in one live webinar per week for the first three weeks. Webinars will occur on Wednesdays at 10 a.m. If you cannot attend one of the live webinars, you will be permitted to view a recording.
- Take four self-paced online learning courses at any time during the program period using SLMS. You must achieve a passing score of 70% or higher in each online course.
- Complete weekly writing assignments. Homework assignments are submitted through Canvas, which is a web-based Learning Management System.
- Choose to participate in optional learning activities. Participants are not required to complete optional courses or activities to receive a certificate. However, these are recommended if you have time.
Participants who successfully complete the required activities by July 30, 2023, will be awarded a Level Up Your Writing Certificate from the Partnership. To print your certificate, log in to SLMS, go to the My Learning page, locate the appropriate certificate program, and click on the Print Certificate button. Note: The Print Certificate button will only be available if the status is Completed.
Workforce development competencies are job-based skills employees need to succeed across a wide variety of occupations. When you complete this certificate, you will have an opportunity to enhance your skills in one of these competency areas.
This certificate will assist you in developing the following competency:
A Certificate Course Listing is a useful tool when you are preparing for a job search and are ready to interview. The following self-paced online courses are provided by Skillsoft and will be available to you through the Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS) once you have registered for this Certificate program and a Partnership Online Learning License.
Want to learn more? The Level Up Your Writing Certificate Program ends on July 30, 2023. However, you can return to Canvas and continue improving your business writing skills any time you like by participating in optional learning activities. In fact, research shows that if you space your learning activities on a topic over time, you'll get more out of your learning experience and remember it longer - so extend your learning with optional activities in Canvas! Unlike your required activities, these activities are optional and do not need to be completed to receive your certificate of completion.
Optional Training Classes
These courses are offered by the Partnership and are open to all CSEA-represented NYS employees. Webinars can be taken from any computer or another electronic device with a connection to the Internet. You can also view webinar recordings.
- Building a Better Vocabulary
- Essentials of Report Writing (webinar)
- Expanding Your Vocabulary (webinar)
- Grammar and Punctuation Workshop
- Professional Email That Gets Results (webinar)
- Successful Business Writing
- Writing Effective Reports and Evaluations
- Writing Successful Email
Contact us at (800) 253-4332 or [email protected].