Skip to main content

Tuition Benefits Eligibility


You Are Eligible If You Are One of the Following:

  • A CSEA-represented NYS employee (ASU, ISU, OSU, or DMNA) receiving a New York State paycheck when applying (application must be received after the first paycheck and before the last paycheck).
  • A CSEA-represented NYS employee laid off in the past year and on a Civil Service Preferred List. 

CSEA-represented NYS employees who are eligible but are on approved non-disciplinary leave without pay or on workers' compensation leave may be eligible with proper documentation.  

Documentation must specify the type of leave, as well as the start date. It must be signed by a human resources officer and attached to your Tuition Benefits application form