Small Engine Basics
- Skills for Success Course Catalog
- Small Engine Basics
Participants receive instruction in the maintenance, operation, and repair of chainsaw, lawnmower, and small groundskeeping equipment engines. The course provides participants with insight into the inner workings of ignition systems, carburetors, and clutches. By the end of the class, participants will be able to:
- Discover the basic theory of two- and four-cycle gas-powered engines.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and repair small gas-powered engines.
- Demonstrate engine cleaning and servicing techniques.
- Carry out proper safety procedures for handling fuels, including proper labeling and storage.