Grammar and Punctuation Workshop
- Skills for Success Course Catalog
- Grammar and Punctuation Workshop
How can grammar be learned in one day? It cannot. Rather, this course will rely on a process of critiquing the rules of writing through observation and practice. This course will offer participants the opportunity to think about and analyze grammar in a workshop setting, where a discussion of ideas and the sharing of participant writings will be used to identify and fix common errors in sentence structure. By the end of the class, participants will be able to:
- Define the importance of grammar and punctuation in writing.
- Read and critique various writings.
- Discuss and analyze the mechanics of writing.
- Develop the proper use of grammar and punctuation in their own writing.