Math Refresher 2
- Partnership Course Catalog
- Math Refresher 2
This six-week course builds on topics introduced in Math Refresher 1 and is a refresher of math topics such as percentages, ratios, and proportions. Participants will also perform basic calculations with signed numbers, calculate compound interest, and interpret simple graphs. It is suggested that participants enroll in AEB courses in sequential order.
Attendance is required all days.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Perform math calculations with fractions, decimals, percentages, and signed numbers.
- Write ratios.
- Calculate proportions.
- Calculate compound interest in word problems.
- Interpret bar graphs and pie charts.
- Use the order of operations to solve word problems and algebraic expressions.