Math Refresher 1
- Partnership Course Catalog
- Math Refresher 1
This six-week course is a refresher of fundamental math topics such as whole numbers, fractions, algebraic expressions, and word problems. Participants will also examine small datasets for mean, median, and mode, and interpret simple graphs. Concepts covered will include numeracy, which is the ability to apply math in everyday situations; mathematics, which is the study of systems, patterns, shapes, figures, and numbers; and systematic thinking. Attendance is required all days. By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Perform basic math calculations with whole numbers and fractions.
- Round values to simplify mental calculations and estimate a value.
- Use the order of operations to solve word problems and algebraic expressions.
- Calculate the mean, median, and mode of a small dataset.
- Interpret bar graphs and pie charts.