Tuition Benefits Tuition Benefits for Executive Branch Employees Course Criteria
Eligible courses must be in session between April 1, 2023, and March 31, 2024.
All courses must be vocational, trade, technical, or business-related, instructor-led, and relevant to a NYS occupation or NYS workforce need.
Many colleges offer basic skills courses in English, reading, writing, math, Adult Basic Education, High School Equivalency, and English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) courses. Additional tuition benefits called Basic Vouchers or Basic Reimbursements are available for these courses. Contact a Partnership advisor for more information at (800) 253-4332, (Option 1).
Non-credit courses on subjects not relevant to any NYS workforce need are not eligible, including but not limited to the following:
- Gaming (for example, billiards, and poker)
- Modeling and appearance enhancement
- Physical education (for example, kickboxing, karate, martial arts, dance, and Pilates)
- Reiki, yoga, meditation, and hypnosis
- Starting your own business
- One-on-one courses or tutoring