Blueprint Reading Fundamentals
- Partnership Course Catalog
- Blueprint Reading Fundamentals
Length: 2 Days
Course Category: Trades, Operations, and Maintenance
This course gives participants the fundamental skills necessary to read and interpret blueprints. By the end of the class, participants will be able to:
- Identify various sheets within a set of blueprints.
- Use an architectural ruler to read scaled drawings.
- Convert designs into a blueprint.
- Interpret different types of drawings (e.g., architectural, electrical, plumbing, HVAC).
- Explain abbreviations, symbols, and line types within a blueprint.
- Recognize design elements specific to every trade.
Workforce Development Competency: Trades, Safety, and Risk Management