Blueprint Reading Fundamentals
- Skills for Success Course Catalog
- Blueprint Reading Fundamentals
Length: 2 Days
Class Dates: November 1 & 2, 2023
Start Time: 9:00 AM
End Time: 4:30 PM
Class Type: Classroom
Course Category: Trades, Operations, and Maintenance
Location: Department of Transportation Training Center
SLMS Class Code: P_OE_R5_5651
This course gives participants the fundamental skills necessary to read and interpret blueprints. By the end of the class, participants will be able to:
- Identify various sheets within a set of blueprints.
- Use an architectural ruler to read scaled drawings.
- Convert designs into a blueprint.
- Interpret different types of drawings (e.g., architectural, electrical, plumbing, HVAC).
- Explain abbreviations, symbols, and line types within a blueprint.
- Recognize design elements specific to every trade.
Workforce Development Competency: Trades, Safety, and Risk Management