The Organized Office Worker Online Learning Certificate Program
To participate you will need a computer or mobile device and an internet connection. Participants will be able to develop essential administrative and clerical skills from the comfort of their home or from their workplace with supervisory approval.
By completing The Organized Office Worker Online Learning Certificate Program, you will:
- Identify strategies to take control of your daily schedule and projects.
- Discover how to get results without formal authority.
- Demonstrate your dedication to lifelong learning and professional development.
- Fulfill one of four mandatory training requirements for the Administrative Assistant Traineeship.
Two-Step Registration Process
To participate, you must follow our two-step registration process, which varies based on employee type.
- CSEA-represented NYS employees must first apply for a Partnership Online Learning License (SLMS Code: P_OL_Program) in SLMS. Management/Confidential NYS employees must have access to an Empire KnowledgeBank (EKB) license. Contact your agency training officer for information on how to obtain an EKB license.
- Register for the Organized Office Worker Online Learning Certificate Program (SLMS Code: P_OOW23) in the Statewide Learning Management System.
All CSEA-represented NYS employees are eligible to participate.
Management/Confidential NYS employees with an EmpireKnowledgeBank (EKB) license are also eligible to participate. Contact your agency training officer for information on how to obtain an EKB license.
Supervisory approval is not required for courses taken outside the normal workday. It may be possible for employees to take courses during working hours with supervisory approval.
Employees can register for The Organized Office Worker Online Learning Certificate Program between February 9, 2023 and February 8, 2024. Courses will be available from February 9, 2023 through February 8, 2024. All required courses must be completed by February 9, 2024.
Participants are required to successfully complete 15 courses and achieve a passing grade of 70% or higher in each course. All online learning courses will be taken through the Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS).
Participants who successfully complete the required 15 courses by February 9, 2024, will be awarded an Organized Office Worker Certificate from the Partnership. To print your certificate, log in to SLMS, go to My Learning page, locate the appropriate certificate program, and click on the Print Certificate button. Note: The Print Certificate button will only be available if the status is Completed.
Workforce Development Competencies
Workforce development competencies are job-based skills employees need to succeed across a wide variety of occupations. When you complete this certificate, you will have an opportunity to enhance your skills in one of these competency areas.
This certificate will assist you in developing the following competency:
A Certificate Course Listing is a useful tool when you are preparing for a job search and are ready to interview. The following self-paced online courses are provided by Skillsoft and will be available to you through the Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS) once you have applied for a Partnership Online Learning License and registered for this certificate program.
Want to learn more? The Organized Office Worker Online Learning Certificate Program ends on February 9, 2024. However, you can continue improving your organizational skills any time you like. In fact, research shows that if you space your learning activities on a topic over time, you'll get more out of your learning experience and remember it longer - so extend your learning with these suggested activities. Unlike your 15 required online courses, these activities are optional and do not need to be completed to receive your certificate.
Digital Books and Videos
Empire Knowledgebank (EKB) and Skillsoft eBooks and Videos Portal - This site gives you access to thousands of free digital books and videos. You must register (or already be registered) for a Partnership Online Learning License to access these digital books and videos. For more information, you can check out Using the EKB and Skillsoft eBook and Video Portal how-to guide.
- How to Organize Yourself, 7th Edition, by John Caunt
- Influence Without Authority, Third Edition, by Allan R. Cohen, and David L. Bradford
- Successful Time Management: How to be Organized, Productive and Get Things Done, 6th Edition, by Patrick Forsyth
- Time & Stress Management for Rookies, by Frances Kay
- Time Management in a Week: How to Manage your Time in Seven Simple Steps, by Robert Ashton
- Choosing What Not To Do, by Murli Thirumale (4:00)
- Self-Awareness as a Tool for Productivity, by Nicole A. Lipkin (3:00)
- Tame the Email Beast, by Lisa Bodell (2:00)
- The Secret to Ultra Productivity, by Travis Bradberry (2:00)
- Time Management: The Six Box List, by Peter Bregman (3:00)
These courses are offered by the Partnership and are open to all CSEA-represented NYS employees. Webinars can be taken from any computer with a connection to the Internet. You can also view recordings of webinars.
- Getting Organized: Time, Tasks, and Life (webinar)
- Influencing with Confidence
- Microsoft Outlook 2016: Managing Contacts and Tasks (webinar)
- Microsoft Outlook 2016: Organizing and Managing Your Email (webinar)
- Microsoft Outlook 2016: Working with Calendars (webinar)
- Organizing Your Workspace for Increased Productivity (webinar)
- Professionalism in the Digital Age (webinar)
- Successful Business Writing
- Take Control of Your Time (webinar)
- The Organized Office Worker
Contact us at (800) 253-4332 or email [email protected].