Customer Service Online Learning Certificate Program
To participate you will need a computer or mobile device and an internet connection. Participants will be able to develop essential customer service skills from the comfort of their home or from their workplace with supervisory approval.
By completing the Customer Service Online Certificate Program, you will:
- Identify techniques to communicate successfully with customers.
- Identify strategies to better handle demanding or difficult customers.
- Demonstrate your dedication to lifelong learning and professional development.
- Fulfill one of four mandatory training requirements for the Administrative Assistant Traineeship.
How to Register
To participate, you must apply for a Partnership Online Learning License in the Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS) and then register for a Partnership Online Learning Certificate.
All CSEA-represented NYS employees are eligible to participate. Supervisory approval is not required for courses taken outside the normal workday. It may be possible for employees to take courses during working hours with supervisory approval.
Employees can register for the Customer Service Online Learning Certificate Program between February 9, 2023 through February 8, 2024. Courses will be available from February 9, 2023 through February 8, 2024. All courses must be completed by February 9, 2024.
Participants are required to successfully complete 13 courses and achieve a passing grade of 70% or higher in each course. All online learning courses will be taken through the Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS).
Participants who successfully complete the required 13 courses by February 9, 2024, will be awarded a Customer Service Certificate from the Partnership. To print your certificate, log in to SLMS, go to My Learning page, locate the appropriate certificate program, and click on the Print Certificate button. Note: The Print Certificate button will only be available if the status is Completed.
Workforce Development Competencies
Workforce development competencies are job-based skills employees need to succeed across a wide variety of occupations. When you complete this certificate, you will have an opportunity to enhance your skills in one of these competency areas.
This certificate will assist you in developing the following competency:
Customer Service Certificate Course Listing
A Certificate Course Listing is a useful tool when you are preparing for a job search and are ready to interview. The following self-paced online courses are provided by Skillsoft and will be available to you through the Statewide Learning Management System (SLMS) once you have applied for a Partnership Online Learning License and registered for this certificate program.
Want to learn more? The Customer Service Online Certificate ends on February 9, 2024. However, you can continue improving your customer service skills any time you like. In fact, research shows that if you space your learning activities on a topic over time, you'll get more out of your learning experience and remember it longer - so extend your learning with these suggested activities. Unlike your 13 required online courses, these activities are optional and do not need to be completed to receive your certificate.
Digital Books and Videos
Empire Knowledgebank (EKB) and Skillsoft eBooks and Videos Portal - This site gives you access to thousands of free digital books and videos. You must register (or already be registered) for a Partnership Online Learning License to access these digital books and videos. For more information, you can check out Using the EKB and Skillsoft eBook and Video Portal how-to guide.
- 10 Steps to Successful Customer Service, by Maxine Kamin
- Mindfulness at Work - How to Avoid Stress, Achieve More, and Enjoy Life, by Dr. Stephen McKenzie
- Powerful Phrases for Effective Customer Service: Over 700 Ready-to-Use Phrases and Scripts That Really Get Results, by Renee Evenson
- Success Under Stress: Powerful Tools for Staying Calm, Confident, and Productive When the Pressure's On, by Sharon Melnick
- The Customer Service Survival Kit: What to Say to Defuse Even the Worst Customer Situations, by Richard S. Gallagher
These courses are offered by the Partnership and are open to all CSEA-represented NYS employees. Webinars can be taken from any computer with a connection to the internet. You can also view recordings of webinars.
- Addressing Conflict in Customer Relations (webinar)
- Customer Service
- Dealing with Stress (webinar)
- Emotional Intelligence in Customer Relations (webinar)
- Managing Stress in Customer Relations (webinar)
- Stress in the Workplace
- Conflict Resolution: Phone Skills, Canity Training (2:00)
- Customer Service Training: Conflict Resolution (58:20)
- Dealing with Angry Customers - Abusive Language (0:58)
- Dealing with Difficult Customers - Let Them Vent (1:20)
- Defusing Stress with Mindful Mojo, Angela & Dennis Buttimer- TEDxGeorgiaStateU (16:46)
- Empathise with Anxious Customers (1:22)
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace (3:38)
- Must Watch: How to Beat Call Center Stress! (5:26)
Contact us at (800) 253-4332 or email [email protected]