Labor-Management Workforce Development Grants
Achieve Mutual Goals & Meet Agency Needs
CSEA leaders and management representatives work together to address agency needs with the Labor-Management Workforce Development Grant (LMWDG) Program
Labor-Management Workforce Development Grants allow NYS agencies/facilities and CSEA locals who face unique workforce and organizational development challenges to apply for up to $30,000. These grants can be used to address issues in the workplace caused by:
- Agency reorganization.
- New technology.
- Changing customer needs.
- New legal or regulatory requirements.
- Specialized employee job skill training.
There is no limit on the number of applications that an agency and CSEA local may submit in a fiscal year. However, grants are limited based on the funds available.
How Agencies Used the LMWDG
During the 2016-2021 Contract Period, the agencies below applied for and received grant funding for the following projects:
- The Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation (Niagara Region) - Employees were certified as pesticide applicator technicians upon completing a 30-hour pesticide applicator training and certification course and passing of the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation exam.
- The Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation (Capital Region) - Employees received state-of-the-art training on Energy-Efficient Lighting. The 4-day training was conducted at the Rensselaer Institute of Polytechnic (RPI) Lighting Research Center.
- The Office of People with Developmental Disabilities (Broome DDSO) - Support staff were trained in the BOCES LPN program to be Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs).