Carpentry Basics: Level 1
- Partnership Course Catalog
- Carpentry Basics: Level 1
This is a basic skills carpentry course. The course provides information on what it takes to become a carpenter and how to use common building materials for residential and light commercial construction. This course is written to enable participants to successfully practice and use the vital skills necessary to enter the residential and light commercial construction trades. The overall goal is to have participants be prepared for a basic level career as a carpenter in the residential and light commercial construction fields. By the end of the class, participants will be able to:
- Explain the career paths in carpentry.
- Identify construction materials.
- Perform construction math.
- Demonstrate the proper use of carpentry hand and power tools.
- Select and use the proper personal protective equipment.