Optional Learning Opportunities
Want to learn more? The Successful Business Writing Online Certificate ends on February 4, 2022. However, you can continue improving your writing skills any time you like. In fact, research shows that if you space your learning activities on a topic over time, you'll get more out of your learning experience and remember it longer - so extend your learning with these suggested activities! Unlike your 12 required online courses, these activities are optional and do not need to be completed to receive your certificate.
Digital Books and Videos
Empire Knowledgebank (EKB) and Skillsoft eBooks and Videos Portal - This site gives you access to thousands of free digital books and videos. You must register (or already be registered) for a Partnership Online Learning License to access these digital books and videos. For more information, you can check out Using the EKB and Skillsoft eBook and Video Portal how-to guide.
- Writing at Work: How to Write Clearly, Effectively and Professionally by Neil James
- Business Writing for Dummies, by Natalie Canavor
- Better Sentence-Writing in 30 Minutes a Day, by Dianna Campbell
- Grammar for Dummies: 1,001 Practice Questions, by Geraldine Woods
- Don't Bury the Lead (3:00), by Chip Heath
- Microsoft Word 2016: Choosing Grammar and Styles Settings (3:00), by Linda Foulkes
- Writing Emails That Get a Response (2:00), by Diane Darling
- Writing for Business (3:00), by Des Dearlove
Skills for Success Courses - These classes are offered by the Partnership and are open to all CSEA-represented NYS employees. Please visit the Partnership Courses page and then click on the "Skills for Success" catalog for more information about these classes. Webinar classes can be taken from any computer with a connection to the Internet. You can also view recordings of webinar classes.
- Avoiding Common Punctuation and Grammar Mistakes (webinar)
- Building a Better Vocabulary
- Essentials of Report Writing (webinar)
- Expanding Your Vocabulary (webinar)
- Grammar and Punctuation Workshop
- Professional Email That Gets Results (webinar)
- Successful Business Writing
Writing Effective Reports and Evaluations
- Writing Effectively (webinar)
- Writing Successful Email
- 12 Business Writing Tips for Effective Emails and Letters (9:53)
- How to Write a Complete Sentence | Grammar Lessons (2:34)
- How to Avoid a Run-On Sentence | Grammar Lessons (2:20)
These are useful tools that allow you to quickly access information you may need to perform a task or to enhance your job performance. Click on the links below for the recommended job aids.
- Commonly Misspelled Words
- Often Confused Words
- Revision Checklist and Standard Punctuation
Successful Business Writing Self-Assessment - Take this self-assessment before you begin and then again after you complete the program to measure your growth.
Not sure if you are registered already or need help? Contact us at (518) 486-7814 or (800) 253-4332 (for areas outside the Capital Region) or email OnlineLearningHelp@nyscseapartnership.org.
[Back to Successful Business Writing Home Page] [Partnership Home Page]