Optional Learning Opportunities
Want to learn more? The Microsoft Word 2016 Basics Online Certificate Program ends on February 4, 2022. However, you can continue improving your Microsoft Word skills any time you like. In fact, research shows that if you space your learning activities on a topic over time, you'll get more out of your learning experience and remember it longer - so extend your learning with these suggested activities! Unlike your eight required online courses, these activities are optional and do not need to be completed to receive your certificate.
Digital Books and Videos
Empire Knowledgebank (EKB) and Skillsoft eBooks and Videos Portal - This site gives you access to thousands of free digital books and videos. You must register (or already be registered) for a Partnership Online Learning License to access these digital books and videos. For more information, you can check out Using the EKB and Skillsoft eBook and Video Portal how-to guide.
- Teach Yourself VISUALLY Word 2016, by Elaine Marmel
- Word 2016 for Professionals for Dummies, by Dan Gookin
- Word 2016 in Easy Steps, by Scott Basham
- Microsoft Word 2016: Creating a Built-in or Custom Table of Contents, by Linda Foulkes (4:00)
- Microsoft Word 2016: Performing a Mail Merge using a Wizard, by Linda Foulkes (7:00)
- Microsoft Word 2016: Sharing via E-Mail, by Linda Foulkes (3:00)
- Microsoft Word 2016: Tracking Document Changes, by Linda Foulkes (3:00)
- Microsoft Word 2016: Working with the Quick Parts Gallery, by Linda Foulkes (5:00)
Skills for Success Courses - These classes are offered by the Partnership and are open to all CSEA-represented NYS employees. Please visit the Partnership Courses page and then click on the "Skills for Success" catalog for more information about these classes. Webinar classes can be taken from any computer with a connection to the Internet. You can also view recordings of webinar classes.
- Computer Basics
- Get More Done with Keyboard Shortcuts (webinar)
- Microsoft Word 2016 Basics
- Understanding Today's Computer (webinar)
Note: Computer Basics, Get More Done with Keyboard Shortcuts, and Understanding Today's Computer, are not Word classes, but they do help with general computer skills.
Typing Tutorial - Improve your keyboarding skills and speed using this free website.
Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Word - 2017 Tutorial (18:27)
How to Print Labels in Microsoft Word 2016 (3:52)
How to Set Tabs in Word 2016 (9:36)
Microsoft Word 2016 - Full Tutorial for Beginners (13:28)
Top 25 Word 2016 Tips and Tricks (13:16)
Not sure if you are registered already or need help? Contact us at (518) 486-7814 or (800) 253-4332 (for areas outside the Capital Region) or email OnlineLearningHelp@nyscseapartnership.org.
[Back to Microsoft Word 2016 Home Page] [Partnership Home Page]