Optional Learning Opportunities
Want to learn more? The Customer Service Online Certificate concludes on February 4, 2022. However, you can continue improving your customer service skills any time you like. In fact, research shows that if you space your learning activities on a topic over time, you'll get more out of your learning experience and remember it longer - so extend your learning with these suggested activities. Unlike your 13 required online courses, these activities are optional and do not need to be completed to receive your certificate.
Digital Books and Videos
Empire Knowledgebank (EKB) and Skillsoft eBooks and Videos Portal - This site gives you access to thousands of free digital books and videos. You must register (or already be registered) for a Partnership Online Learning License to access these digital books and videos. For more information, you can check out Using the EKB and Skillsoft eBook and Video Portal how-to guide.
- 7 Steps to Emotional Intelligence, by Patrick E Merlevede, Denis Bridoux, and Rudy Vandamme
- Emotional Intelligence for Dummies, by Steven J. Stein
- Mindfulness at Work - How to Avoid Stress, Achieve More, and Enjoy Life, by St. Stephen McKenzie
- Powerful Phrases for Effective Customer Service: Over 700 Ready-to-Use Phrases and Scripts That Really Get Results, by Renee Evenson
- Success Under Stress: Powerful Tools for Staying Calm, Confident, and Productive When the Pressure's On, by Sharon Melnick
- The Customer Service Survival Kit: What to Say to Defuse Even the Worst Customer Situations, by Richard
- Conflict Resolution and Negotiation (3:08), by Stewart Levine Berrett-Koehler
- Dealing with Conflict: Move the Conversation Forward (4:07), by Sandra Crowe
- Develop Emotional Intelligence (3:09), by Tara Swart
- Emotional Intelligence Can Be Learned (4:33), by Travis Bradberry
- Emotional Intelligence Defined (2:16), by Travis Bradberry
- Handle Stress with SOS (2:11), by Beverly Beuemann-King
- How to Control Stress (3:33), by Michelle TC North
- Resolving Conflicts with Customers and Partners (2:11), by Nicole Piasecki
- Stress Management (2:39), by Jim Loehr
Skills for Success Courses - These classes are offered by the Partnership and are open to all CSEA-represented NYS employees. Please visit the Partnership Courses page and then click on the "Skills for Success" catalog for more information about these classes. Webinar classes can be taken from any computer with a connection to the Internet. You can also view recordings of webinar classes.
- Addressing Conflict in Customer Relations (webinar)
- Customer Service
- Dealing with Stress
- Emotional Intelligence in Customer Relations (webinar)
- Managing Stress in Customer Relations (webinar)
- Stress in the Workplace
- Conflict Resolution: Phone Skills Canity Training (2:00)
- Customer Service Training: Conflict Resolution (58:20)
- Dealing with Angry Customers - Abusive Language (0:58)
- Dealing with Difficult Customers - Let Them Vent (1:20)
- Defusing Stress with Mindful Mojo, Angela & Dennis Buttimer- TEDxGeorgiaStateU (16:46)
- Empathise with Anxious Customers (1:22)
- Leading with Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace (3:38)
- Must Watch: How to Beat Call Center Stress! (5:26)
Customer Service Online Certificate Self-Assessment - Take this self-assessment before you begin and then again after you complete the program to measure your growth.
Not sure if you are registered already or need help? Contact us at (518) 486-7814 or (800) 253-4332 (for areas outside the Capital Region) or email OnlineLearningHelp@nyscseapartnership.org.
[Back to Customer Service Home Page] [Partnership Home Page]