Optional Learning Opportunities
Want to learn more? The Basics of Supervision Certificate Program ends on May 31, 2021. However, you can continue improving your supervisory skills any time you like. In fact, research shows that if you space your learning activities on a topic over time, you'll get more out of your learning experience and remember it longer - so extend your learning with these suggested activities. Unlike your 15 required online courses, these activities are optional and do not need to be completed to receive your certificate.
Digital Books and Videos
Empire Knowledgebank (EKB) and Skillsoft eBooks and Videos Portal - This site gives you access to thousands of free digital books and videos. You must register (or already be registered) for a Partnership Online Learning License to access these digital books and videos. For more information, you can check out Using the EKB and Skillsoft eBook and Video Portal how-to guide.
- How Did I Not See This Coming?: A New Manager's Guide to Avoiding Total Disaster, by Katy Tynan
- Management Basics in Easy Steps, Second Edition, by Tony Rossiter
- How to Tell Anyone Anything: Breakthrough Techniques for Handling Difficult Conversations at Work, by Peter English
- Working Relationships: Using Emotional Intelligence to Enhance Your Effectiveness with Others, Revised Edition, by Bob Wall
- Workplace Conflict Resolution Essentials for Dummies, by Vivian Scott
- First-Time Managers (3:00), by James M. Hunt
- Managing Former Peers (2:00), by Alisa Cohn
- What Exceptional Managers Do and Need to Develop the Most (3:00), by Vivek Badrinath
- Better Delegation (4:00), by Kevin Eikenberry
- Understanding Emotional Intelligence (2:00), by Marcia Reynolds
- Experience Conflict from the Other Side (1:00), by Amy Gallo
- The Five Characteristics of Effective Employee Feedback (3:00), by Michelle Tillis Lederman
- Reframe Difficult Conversations (1:00), by Amy Gallo
- Leading More Effectively Remotely (4:00), by Kevin Eikenberry
Skills for Success Courses - These classes are offered by the Partnership and are open to all CSEA-represented NYS employees. Please visit the Partnership Courses page and then click on the "Skills for Success" catalog for more information about these classes. Webinar classes can be taken from any computer with a connection to the Internet. You can also view recordings of webinar classes.
- Better Team Skills (webinar)
- Building Better Work Relationships
- Dealing with Difficult Behaviors
- Keep Your Cool: Ways to Protect Your Professional Reputation
- Practical Skills for Resolving Conflict
- Workplace Social Skills
- Top 4 New Manager Tips (3:56), by HoffsTech
- How to Delegate Tasks Like A Pro: Team Task Management Tips (7:31), by Project Management
- Mel Robbins: How to have difficult conversations (4:49), by Mel Robbins
- Emotional Intelligence (2:51), by Brendon Gouveia
- The Benefits and Challenges of a Diverse Team (2:17), by Bython Media
- Conflict Resolution (3:33), by BreakthruInMarketing
Basics of Supervision Certificate Program Self-Assessment - Take this self-assessment before you begin and then again after you complete the program to measure your growth.
Not sure if you are registered already or need help? Contact us at (518) 486-7814 or (800) 253-4332 (for areas outside the Capital Region) or email OnlineLearningHelp@nyscseapartnership.org.
[Back to Basics of Supervision Home Page] [Partnership Home Page]